Chiropractic therapy is very effective & efficient in treating the condition of Bursitis & Tendonitis.
Chiropractic manipulations - Chiropractors are known for the 'cracks' to ease your pain. In other words, they perform manual adjustments in the spine and joints, using a controlled, sudden force to improve range and quality of motion. Chiropractors can take the excessive pressure of the bursa and tendons by their focus on adjustments/manipulations in order to:
Poor posture, misaligned joints, tight muscles, abnormal foot biomechanics and irritated nerves all play their role in the bursitis condition. Bursitis is often caused by overuse where excessive rubbing of bones, joints and soft tissues (e.g. muscles, tendons, skin) over bursa leads to inflammation. The body parts that are out of alignment are particularly prone to such irritation.
Also, bursitis patients often develop various misalignments in muscles and joints as a compensating response to the pain and discomfort of this condition. These lead to uneven wear and tear in the joints and can cause muscle stiffness.
Chiropractors use hands on spinal / joint manipulations and other 'alternative' treatments to return your musculo-skeletal structure back to alignment so the body can heal itself. No surgery or medication required.
- Relieve pain
- Decrease inflammation
- Prevent aggravation of existing condition
- Promote fast natural healing
- 'Repair' underlying root cause of your bursitis condition
- Re-align overall structural balance of the body
- Improve biomechanic of spine, joints, bones, muscles, other connective and soft tissues (e.g. tightening of the muscles; gliding action of muscles and tendons surrounding the joint and bursa)
- Restore function of body's central nervous "master" system
- Reduce risk of future injury or re-occurrence of bursitis / tendonitis
The importance chiropractors put on maintaining proper function in all areas of the body promotes not only fast natural healing from injuries and painful conditions, such as bursitis, but also prevention of these aliments. And prevention is always better than the cure!
Other bursitis chiropractic treatment methods - Treatment of bursitis can be difficult and so chiropractors can combine, apart from the core spinal / joint manipulation, several different alternative remedy choices to efficiently manage the condition:
- Manual therapy - e.g. massage or trigger point therapy
- Stretching / rehabilitation plan
- Prescription of orthotics for your shoes
- Therapeutic taping
- Electric stimulation
- Nutritional advice
- What to expect from chiropractic appointment? - Typically, initial examination at chiropractor's office would include:
- Questions about your symptoms
- Questions about your work and leisure activities that could cause bursitis
- Orthopedic test
- Neurological test
- X-ray examination
How long does chiropractic therapy take? - While some patients get immediate results, you may need bursitis chiropractic therapy treatments for 4 to10 weeks until you see a long lasting effect and full motion and function of your spine and joints returns.